We’re seeking a team member who is the Bruce Lee of creating, maintaining, and expanding gameplay systems…a real badass, to be quite frank. While we don’t expect you to execute a two-finger push-up, we would ideally like to find somebody who has an innate talent for identifying issues with existing functionality and vastly improving it. We would like those fingers of fury to be put to good use on polishing each project to the point of near perfection.
Much like our team size, our headquarters are located in the small town of Corona, Ca., but our neighboring areas of Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego boast big attractions, and plenty to do in your off time. We value work/life balance here at Fenix Fire and we put our money where our mouths are by offering a benefit package, flexible work schedule and personal fitness training. We keep our team close knit through team building exercises and honoring each other’s diverse skill sets and personalities.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with designers and other team members to create/improve gameplay systems
- Drive development and take ownership in a variety of systems such as player movement, AI behavior and movement, UI design/implementation, and inventory management systems
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize the existing code-base
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of C# and C++ programming languages
- Minimum 2 years professional game development experience with at least one shipped title in Unity or Unreal Engine 4
- Strong generalist with experience in multiple areas
- Console programming experience
- Multiplayer programming experience
- Backend web development in PHP and SQL
- Experience in both Unity and Unreal Engine 4